- Comparison Analysis: Quickly visualize canonical pathway scores across dose, time, or other condition using the new Comparison Analysis heat map. Prioritize by score, hierarchical cluster, or trend.
- Batch Upload and Batch Analysis: Quickly upload and analyze multiple datasets associated with a study or project including time course and dose response studies. Associate metadata with each dataset to be able to quickly search and locate analyses of interest to compare and contrast with today’s experimental results.
Causal Analytics for the Scientist*
Two new powerful features, Causal Network Analysis and BioProfiler, in the 2013 Spring Release of IPA will help you understand causal connections between diseases, genes, and networks of upstream regulators.
Using BioProfiler, quickly identify genes known to be causally relevant to a diseases or phenotype as potential drug targets or as targets of toxicity. Find, filter and prioritize genes and compounds by their specific relationships with diseases, phenotypes, and biological functions (e.g. ‘apoptosis’). BioProfiler offers unprecedented access to the underlying Ingenuity disease and process ontology enabling precise search and filtering of the diseases and phenotypes of interest to you.
The new Causal Network Analysis generates plausible regulatory networks which may explain the gene expression changes in your dataset. These novel upstream regulators control small hierarchical networks which do not require all the molecules to have direct connection to the dataset. Scoring criteria enable you to prioritize the most interesting and relevant hypothesis and quickly visualize the regulatory networks most closely associated with your disease or phenotype of interest.
- Causal Network Analysis: Generate novel hypothesis by uncovering hidden connections in upstream regulators to generate plausible causal networks which (controlled by a master regulator) explain observed expression changes. Prioritize resulting hypotheses by molecule, disease, function, and/or phenotype of interest.
NEW See which other master regulators are upstream or downstream of the hypothesis of interest. In addition, now export a data matrix of master regulators vs. their targets or master regulators vs. up to 20 analyses.
- BioProfiler: Quickly profile a disease or phenotype by understanding its associated genes and compounds. Identify genes known to be causally relevant as potential targets or identify targets of toxicity, associated known drugs, biomarkers and pathways.
- NEW Venn Diagram in Compare tool: Visually select intersections among up to three entities with the new Venn diagram in the Compare tool. Select more than one section of the Venn diagram to focus on a particular set.