We are very honored and pleased to have recently announced the membership of our Scientific Advisory Board (SAB). Made up of healthcare and academic leaders in medical genetics, genomics and bioinformatics, this esteemed board will advise and assist us in research and product development initiatives focused on clinical applications.
Chaired by our own Doug Bassett, the Ingenuity SAB includes:
- Sherri Bale, Ph.D., FACMG, Managing Director and Co-founder, GeneDx; Senior Vice President, BioReference Laboratories; Founding Member of the American College of Medical Genetics
- Hakon Hakonarson, M.D., Ph.D., Director of the Center for Applied Genomics; Associate Professor of Pediatrics, The Perelman School of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania
- Madhuri Hegde, Ph.D., FACMG, Professor, Emory University School of Medicine, Department of Human Genetics; Executive Director of the Emory Genetics Laboratory
- Elaine R. Mardis, Professor of Genetics and Molecular Microbiology, Co-director, The Genome Institute at Washington University School of Medicine
- Heidi L. Rehm, Ph.D., FACMG, Associate Professor of Pathology, Harvard Medical School; Laboratory Director, Partners Healthcare Center for Personalized Medicine, Harvard Medical School
- Eric Schadt, Ph.D., Director of the Icahn Institute for Genomics and Multiscale Biology, Chair of the Department of Genetics and Genomics Sciences and the Jean C. and James W. Crystal Professor of Genomics.
- Jay Shendure, M.D., Ph.D., Associate Professor of Genome Sciences, University of Washington; Affiliate Professor, Division of Human Biology, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
Please join us in welcoming them to the Ingenuity family and stay tuned for updates on this blog about the work our SAB members are doing with us and in their own labs.